Monday, November 21, 2011

Action

*


Action
November 20th, 2011
5-minute drill


By Michael


"Action!" "Onward!" "Forward!"
"Go west young man!" "California or Bust!"
How about "California AND Bust!"

Constant progress, as a mandate,
is the mantra of the bacteria in the petri dish.
"Fuel! Fuel! There is still more fuel!" Procreate!
Fill. This. Dish.

Then the raised and beveled glass sides rise.
Behind this advancing line of muck there is only ruin...
a frothy, oozing mass of overindulgence.

Pressed against the wall, the bacteria choke and gasp.
On the outside, the scientists observe without sadness.
Life, in its many other forms, goes on.



*

By Rachael

Sometimes action challenges me. It competes with all of the ideas that take seed and start growing within me. I love ideas, concepts. But action. Action is hard. Action is full of responsibility, but so is the lack of action.

I often wonder what is the magic button to push to get action. Maybe it lies in the green, mucky vegan protein shake that I make myself drink. Or maybe the magic of action lies in the chia seeds that have suddenly become the object of my obsession. I guess, looking at it, action comes down to what you want.

What do I want? What on earth do I want? Often the answer to that lies beyond my grasp. I guess there is action necessary to discover that... When things get done, the answer will emerge.


***

No comments:

Post a Comment